A unique approach to understanding and addressing RAN customer experience
Actix Customer Experience Analytics provides a unique approach to understanding and addressing RAN customer experience. The solution takes real customer experience data and combines it with business data to power analysis that can drive significant improvements in customer experience.
Real customer experience
To establish the true experience of customers the Actix solution captures call measurement data from subscribers. Call measurements are geo-located to establish where the subscriber is. Quality of experience KPIs are generated and segmented by who the customer is, which handset they are using, the call type, the time of day, whether they are a roamer and whether they are indoors.
This granular visibility into real customer experience allows operators to move away from network centric views to build a picture of the customer experience delivered to people, places and handsets. This customer centric approach allows operators to understand for example:
- where data card users are eating network data capacity
- dropped call rate for iPhones in a central business district
- roamer coverage at train stations
Actix allows operators to move beyond just looking at customer experience. By enabling correlation with key business data Actix allows operators to establish the impact of customer experience on the business.
Churn records, customer complaints, account information and information on key business locations can be used to establish where customer experience problems are causing business impact. By align customer experience to business impact operators can understand:
- if VIP corporate customers have poor indoor coverage at their corporate head quarters
- where poor coverage is resulting in customer complaints
- locations where poor data performance is causing iPhone customers to churn.
By combining real subscriber and business data Actix provides unique visibility into how customer experience impacts the operator. The next step is to allow actions to be taken on this new information.
Dashboards and reports allow customer experience data to be used to better support prioritization, management decision making and ROI analysis. Dashboards also provide improved support for marketing activities and management of outsource partners.
Flexible analytics combined with out-of-the-box functionality allows key engineering processes to be streamlined including planning and network performance optimization.
Actix allows operators to move beyond “plot and see” analysis and to use customer experience data to automatically alert on network quality, plus congestion and performance issues that impact customers and the business.
- Dashboards provide a national view of customer experience with area drilldown capability.
- Create interactive raster maps based on customer experience and business data.
- 3D visualization allows customer experience data to be seen in the context geography.
- Track network performance and customer experience delivered to key locations.
- Proactively manage VIP experience rather than react to customer complaints.
- Provides rich RF, call and data session information to build a detailed picture of the performance of individual devices.
- Advanced call failure diagnostics, based on the Analyzer event engine, automatically establishes the reason for dropped and blocked calls.
- Embedded functionality for capacity, coverage, interference and neighbour analysis optimization.
Actix’s Customer Experience Analytics solution allows operators to move beyond a network centric approach to focus on improving customer experience, increasing engineering effectiveness and better targeting marketing campaigns. Benefits include:
Sales & Marketing
- Identify churn risks by understanding the locations where the network impacts customer experience
- Improve roamer capture
- Measure key corporate account performance
- Plan service rollouts using accurate information on customer demand
Operations & Customer Care
- Demystify the RAN through a clear picture of last mile customer experience
- Quickly triage RAN related issues
- Establish the impact of new handsets on the network and customers
- Map performance to geographic locations for better prioritization
- Target churn zones
- Identify data hotspots and establish how to deliver the right capacity to the right customers
- Focus resources on the top 20% of subscribers
- Measure and improve indoor coverage
Actix’s solution can be quickly integrated into existing systems and process: