Deploying LTE or HSPA+? Migrating to a Single RAN? Adding new HSPA sites and carriers?
Whether you're deploying a major new network technology, swapping out your legacy Radio Access Network (RAN) or adding new sites and carriers, you've got an ever increasing list of technologies to plan for and limited resources to do it with.
For LTE overlays, you may only need to select a subset of your thousands of sites to deploy on, depending on your objectives. If you're migrating to a single RAN, you may be able to eliminate sites due to reduced transmission losses and corresponding improvements in coverage. And if you're adding new HSPA sites and carriers, you want to make sure you pick the best location among all candidate site options. Given the overwhelming complexity of these challenges, the traditional approach of manually planning each site simply isn't viable any longer.
Automate Site Selection & Reduction Planning with Actix.
In response to these challenges Actix has developed a solution to dramatically automate the planning of new sites, site overlays and site reductions, enabling your existing resources to tackle the most intensive planning challenges brought about by surging mobile internet usage. Our solution is provided in two form factors:
- Desktop – Based on Radioplan desktop software
- Platform – Based on the ActixOne optimization platform
The desktop form factor of our solution enables your planning teams to configure complex solution finding algorithms based on specific objectives and then launch automated algorithms to select optimal new site candidates, new technology overlay locations or potential sites for de-activation. After recommended solutions are presented, an unmatched capability to perform ad hoc analysis and validation of the recommendations is provided, including rich querying and visualization capabilities.
The platform form factor of our solution enables an unprecedented automation of the planning process, dramatically extending the automation capabilities of the desktop. For LTE planning, the solution is aligned with the NGMN requirements for LTE Self-Optimizing Networks (SON). For 2G and 3G technology, we've created a solution that conforms to the automation principles laid out by NGMN for LTE, which builds off our years of experience planning 2G and 3G mobile networks.
The platform approach provides breakthrough automation of planning with the following key elements:
- Anywhere, anytime access – the ability to perform planning anywhere and anytime using a zero-install web client.
- Automated planning, simplified – one of the traditional challenges of using automated planning tools is the complexity of the analysis. The platform approach allows administrators to configure best practice settings for each aspect of the analysis and then hide this complexity away from the end users. The result is the ability to implement a highly streamlined and automated planning process.
- Automated data management – the other traditional challenge of using automated planning tools is manual data management. The platform approach allows Terabytes of geo-located subscriber trace data or drive survey data to be used to tune traffic and propagation matrices with a fraction of the effort of traditional approaches. In addition, the platform automatically links to planning databases and refreshes all propagation data.
The platform approach includes all the benefits of the desktop approach by allowing seamless drill-through from the web-client to desktop, to enable expert and ad hoc analysis as required.
See Our ActixOne Platform in Action.
Learn how our single powerful platform is changing the way mobile network analytics and optimization are done.